Earlier this week, the Douglas Lions Club grew by three members. The club welcomed Jessi Frost, Doug Walker, and Ashley Yaunches in the fold.
The Lions Club, started in 1917 in Chicago, exists to to empower volunteers to serve their communities, meet humanitarian needs, encourage peace and promote international understanding through Lions clubs. Lions International strives to be the global leader in community and humanitarian service.
These new members will help the local Lions Club make a difference in Coffee County and beyond.
- Lyn Lott, Douglas native and former PGA pro, passes at age 67
- GBI investigates Douglas Police Department officer's missing weapon
- Premium Waters makes donation to three local organizations
- Douglas Vascular Center announces expansion of the facility, services
- Over 1,500 attend 2018 Wiregrass Artist Guild's children art festival