Earlier this week, the Douglas Lions Club grew by three members. The club welcomed Jessi Frost, Doug Walker, and Ashley Yaunches in the fold.
The Lions Club, started in 1917 in Chicago, exists to to empower volunteers to serve their communities, meet humanitarian needs, encourage peace and promote international understanding through Lions clubs. Lions International strives to be the global leader in community and humanitarian service.
These new members will help the local Lions Club make a difference in Coffee County and beyond.
- DCA recognizes Douglas as PlanFirst community
- CSX to close railroad crossings for maintenance in March
- Two jailed following fight at youth basketball game at Central Square
- Dave and Sheila Hughes struck by vehicle turning left on Bryan Street
- MainStreet Director, wife struck by car in downtown Douglas