Southeastern Marine’s staff hit the jackpot this week on their annual fishing trip to the coast.
The fish were really biting and everyone racked up on the sheepshead. It didn’t take the guys but about four hours to limit out. The fish weren’t just numerous; they were big as well. It was exciting fighting the monster sheepshead; some took as long as 15 minutes to land on light tackle. They took a 218 DLV Carolina Skiff with a 150 Suzuki on it and really had an enjoyable day on the water.
Interestingly, they didn’t leave an open invitation to the fish fry . . .
- City commission decides to re-interview all five police chief candidates
- Willacoochee man killed in hit and run, suspect arrested
- Victim from In and Out shooting fighting for life, was out on bond for July 4 double shooting
- A piece of aviation history took to the skies over Douglas this week
- Douglas man loses life in tractor-trailer accident