Area veterans in need of assistance can visit Del Parisella at the Veteran Service Office in Douglas at 70 Lockwood Drive (Georgia Department of Labor building). Parisella provides information concerning eligibility for federal and or state benefits and filing claims for these benefits.
The Douglas office is open from 9 a. m. to 4:30 p. m., Monday through Friday. No appointment necessary, all veterans and widowed spouses of veterans are seen on a walk in basis. Veterans benefits are not awarded automatically, they must be applied for. For more information, please call (912) 389-4898.
- George Washington Carver Freshman Campus to hold third annual Interactive Veterans Museum
- Veteran parking now available on Coffee Regional Medical Center campus
- Video: Douglas Huddle House waitress helps disabled veteran, footage goes viral
- Veterans eligible for high school diplomas
- Letter to editor: Mental health needs of veterans