Tristan Gillis is the 2017 recipient of the Coffee Regional Medical Center (CRMC) Auxiliary Pink Ladies Scholarship winner. She is a practical nursing (LPN) student at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and is set to graduate December 2017. Gillis realized she wanted to make a difference in the lives of others when she encountered wonderful and caring nurses during her grandmother’s illness. It was the compassion and professionalism these nurses displayed that inspired and encouraged her to go to college for nursing. “My grandmother’s nurses were the kind of nurses I strive to be and to be able to give what was so graciously given to my family,” shared Tristian.
“Tristian is a wonderful student and a pleasure to work with,” added Christine Paulk, Practical Nursing Instructor, “I am proud of her accomplishments and can’t wait to see what the future holds for her.” Gillis will be able to use the $1,000 scholarship to pay for her college expenses.
The Practical Nursing program at Wiregrass was recently recognized as being one of the top ten in the state. New students interested in applying for the LPN program should apply at Wiregrass for Summer and/or Fall Semesters. Apply today by contacting the admissions office at 229-333-2100, or visit wiregrass.edu.
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- Wiregrass Georgia Technical College's announces Fall commencement Dec. 15
- Wiregrass welding students took top honors at Skills Competition
- Wiregrass student success in Coffee County
- Wiregrass Georgia Technical College named a Best for Vets College
- Middle, High School students learn about college and career opportunities at Wiregrass