The Coffee County School System was recently recognized at the 3rd Annual Charter System Foundation Awards banquet held in Atlanta, Georgia on June 21, 2017. Coffee County was a nominee for the Georgia Charter System Leadership Award along with six other school systems (Atlanta Public, Barrow, Calhoun City, Cartersville City, Fulton and Madison County). The systems were commended for their commitment of local boards of education to allow distributed leadership through the establishment of local school governance teams. The system was approved as a charter system in FY14.
Dr. Bernie Evans, Assistant Superintendent, was present to receive the recognition presented by Lieutenant Governor Casey Cagle. Superintendent Dr. Morris Leis shared the commendation award with the local board at the regular meeting of the board of education in June.
- Garrett appears at bond hearing, judge to rule later
- School systems names new AD, assistant AD at Coffee High
- Retired teacher, former school board member L.J. Harrell passes at 83
- GBI arrests, charges Coffee County teacher with child molestation
- Certification workshop explains steps to becoming a teacher