The Georgia Department of Transportation is hosting a public information open house July 13 so citizens can view plans to replace three state Route 32 bridges between Douglas and Nicholls. From 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., the public is invited to drop by Nicholls City Hall, 707 Van Streat Highway, to view plans and ask questions about the proposed projects. There will not be a formal presentation.
Georgia DOT plans to replace SR 32 bridges at 17 Mile River and Otter Creek east of Douglas and Bear Creek west of Nicholls. The bridges were built in 1955 and would be replaced with structures that meet current design standards. No off-site detours would be required during construction. The projects are currently scheduled to be available for bid in the summer of 2019.
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- Nicholls gets four new council members, tie in Ambrose election
- Coffee County resident pleads guilty on federal fraud charges, allegedly stole over $300,000 from HUD
- Board of Elections announces candidates for the cities of Ambrose, Nicholls elections
- Weeknight Perimeter Road lane closures begin Monday night
- Coffee Correctional Facility to hold job fair in Douglas Monday, July 31