On Tuesday, August 1, get ready to cool off this summer and have a blast before school starts back. The Summer Beach Bash has been rescheduled to Tuesday, August 1 from 4 pm-8 pm during the National Night Out Against Crime. The Beach Bash will take place in the vacant lot adjacent to City Hall on Peterson Avenue in downtown Douglas. With activities planned for all ages, this is sure to be one of the best beach parties - away from the beach!
National Night Out is an annual community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make neighborhoods safer, more caring places to live. A free concert featuring gospel rapper B-Shoc will begin at 6:30 pm at Central Square Complex. The Douglas Police Department will push initiatives such as "Lights On Means Lights Out For Crime" and provide national child identification kits. Attendees can register for drawings for free tablets as well as a free pizza party for a church youth group with the most attendees during the concert.
Vendors, bouncy houses, waterslides, a hula hoop contest, pony rides, music, and other summer activities will be on site for all to come out and enjoy. National Night Out sponsors are NATW, Dietz and Watson, ADT, Kings Hawaiian, Associa, and Ring. Locally, community partners include: Douglas Rotary Club, McRae Coca-Cola, Broadcast South LLC, Papa John’s Pizza, and the City of Douglas. For more information, please contact the Customer Care Center at 912-384-3302 or dial 311.
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- Video: Botched investigation leads to shooting, City of Douglas faces possible law suit as a result
- City of Douglas hosts Magnolia Midlands Travel Association annual retreat
- Francis Lott honored at 2018 Gold & White Gala Awards by Georgia Tech Alumni Association
- City to host Tourism Product Development Resource team on Feb. 21, 22
- Permit required for operation of golf carts on city streets