On September 5, 2017, the City of Douglas Public Information Department will begin to accept registrations for the 54th Annual Festival of Lights Christmas Parade. The parade theme will be “A Starry Night.” The annual parade will be on Saturday, December 2, 2017, at 6:30 p.m.
“We chose a theme this year with hopes to see how everyone envisions a starry night,” says Georgia Henderson, Public Information Director. “We encourage everyone to look outside the box to create floats with lots of lights and unique designs that create a memorable “Starry Night” for everyone to enjoy and love. We would like to see a record number of floats this year from our churches, industries, and local businesses.”
On Saturday, December 2, 2017, the parade will begin at 6:30 p.m. on Peterson Avenue, with lineup beginning from the First United Methodist Church to Walker Street. Applications are available beginning Tuesday, September 5, 2017, at the City of Douglas Public Information Department, located at 211 S. Gaskin Avenue. The primary mission of the Annual Festival of Lights Parade is to provide a safe, enjoyable, and quality family environment, in and on the streets of Douglas.
McRae Coca Cola
Westward Church of God
- Festival of Lights Christmas parade winners
- Christmas parade signup continues through Friday, Dec. 1
- City relents, skateboarders allowed back in the annual Christmas parade
- Ms. Sharnae Pegues to lead the 54th annual Festival of Lights Christmas parade as parade marshal
- Festival of Lights Christmas parade registration is underway