Weeknight Perimeter Road lane closures begin Monday night
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
Weeknight lane closures on state Route 135/perimeter road are scheduled to begin Monday as a Georgia Department of Transportation contractor begins milling and resurfacing.
Drivers should expect lane closures from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Monday through Friday. Work locations will vary, but will occur between U.S. 441 and SR 32. This work is expected to take about two months to complete. Milling, removal of the top level of asphalt, and resurfacing is being done to level the main road before widening. Elsewhere on the project, one of two new culverts has been installed at Gaskin Avenue to accommodate the stream that runs under Gaskin and the widening of perimeter road.
Construction continues on the railroad overpass to replace the at-grade crossing near Iron Road. The first bridge span adjacent to Iron Road is complete and beams are scheduled to be set for the second span Aug. 7 and 8. Construction will move to the opposite side of the tracks in late August. The railroad overpass will enhance safety and alleviate traffic back-ups. The $32.7 million Georgia DOT project to widen and reconstruct SR 135 is about 30 percent complete. The project begins at U.S. 441, where it ties into the southwest portion of the perimeter road, and ends at SR 32. The completion date is May 2020 and the contractor is East Coast Asphalt LLC.
- Ethan Kramer receives state young leader award
- Cross sentenced to year and a half in jail after disrupting probation revocation hearing 27 times with foul language, lewd behavior
- Pair of teens arrested for allegedly stealing customer's credit card information at drive-through
- Pearson man arrested on firearms charges, allegedly discards marijuana in police car
- Wiregrass Tech announces new nursing instructor