Recently, the City of Douglas Natural Gas Department replaced the galvanized piping gas system at South Georgia State College (SGSC). Gas Department employees removed the dated galvanized gas system and replaced it with new polyurethane pipe. The equipment replacement is a safeguard against possible gas leak exposure to students, staff, and citizens at the campus. SGSC depends on natural gas for the campus boilers, dormitory hot water heaters, and cafeteria kitchen appliances to sustain living conditions throughout the year.
“The Gas Department team, led by Supervisor Andrew Jackson, worked countless hours outside of normal working time to ensure that South Georgia State College will re-open without any interruptions,” says Michael Hudson, Douglas Utilities Director. Douglas Utilities is comprised of the Electric, Water/Sewer/Wastewater, and Gas Departments and are privileged in serving and enhancing relationships within the community one job at a time!
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- SGSC Foundation honors 2017-18 scholarship donors and recipients
- Advanced registration for SGSC's spring semester begins Oct. 31
- Information sessions to be held for SGSC's nursing program
- Editorial: Process city plans to use to complete $13.6 million in capital projects bad for entire community
- SGSC ranked #2 for the most affordable nursing degrees in Georgia