Recently, the City of Douglas Natural Gas Department replaced the galvanized piping gas system at South Georgia State College (SGSC). Gas Department employees removed the dated galvanized gas system and replaced it with new polyurethane pipe. The equipment replacement is a safeguard against possible gas leak exposure to students, staff, and citizens at the campus. SGSC depends on natural gas for the campus boilers, dormitory hot water heaters, and cafeteria kitchen appliances to sustain living conditions throughout the year.
“The Gas Department team, led by Supervisor Andrew Jackson, worked countless hours outside of normal working time to ensure that South Georgia State College will re-open without any interruptions,” says Michael Hudson, Douglas Utilities Director. Douglas Utilities is comprised of the Electric, Water/Sewer/Wastewater, and Gas Departments and are privileged in serving and enhancing relationships within the community one job at a time!
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- Memorial Satilla Health Auxiliary makes scholarship contribution
- Hawks basketball receives national attention, Chick-fil-A Classic in Waycross Dec. 8-9
- Susan Lott Clark donates autobiography to SGSC
- Douglas Police and Coffee County Sheriff's Dept. receive sixth year funding for HEAT grant
- Wiregrass student success in Coffee County