The Douglas Parks and Recreation Department and Coffee High School have partnered together to provide “Miracle Buckets” at Trojan Football games. “Miracle Buckets” will be at Trojan football games to collect donations for the construction of the Miracle Field. Attendees are asked to donate $1 or spare change to help with the construction of the Miracle Field.
“Community support will help make this dream come true for so many special needs children,” says Stevie Young, Parks & Recreation Department Director. “Any amount that a person is willing to donate will help.”
The construction cost of the Miracle Field is estimated at $750,000. The field area will include a baseball field, concession area, and playground for special needs children and adults to enjoy. The Miracle Field will have a ballfield and playground equipment that is
specifically engineered to enable children and adults with special needs interact, play and help prevent player injuries.
For more information, please contact the Recreation Department office at 912-384-5978
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- The Boss Riders donate supplies to Eastside students
- City of Douglas Firefighter 1 certification, American Legion Day, anti-bullying campaign
- Coffee County Schools substitute teacher workshop rescheduled
- Deputy sees two individuals sneaking around a liquor store, arrests one
- City demolishes condemned downtown building, previous owner had gifted it to Douglas