The Douglas Parks and Recreation Department and Coffee High School have partnered together to provide “Miracle Buckets” at Trojan Football games. “Miracle Buckets” will be at Trojan football games to collect donations for the construction of the Miracle Field. Attendees are asked to donate $1 or spare change to help with the construction of the Miracle Field.
“Community support will help make this dream come true for so many special needs children,” says Stevie Young, Parks & Recreation Department Director. “Any amount that a person is willing to donate will help.”
The construction cost of the Miracle Field is estimated at $750,000. The field area will include a baseball field, concession area, and playground for special needs children and adults to enjoy. The Miracle Field will have a ballfield and playground equipment that is
specifically engineered to enable children and adults with special needs interact, play and help prevent player injuries.
For more information, please contact the Recreation Department office at 912-384-5978
- Suspected dealer swallows drugs, slips out of hospital before officers get arrest warrants
- The Commodore Oliver Bowen Chapter, National Society Daughters of American Revolution of Douglas installs new officers
- Rev. Douglas Walker visits with Kiwanis
- Wilkerson defeats Johnson in BOE District 1 race, T-SPLOST passes
- Coffee, Brooks end spring practice with scrimmage at Jardine Stadium