The Douglas Parks and Recreation Department and Coffee High School have partnered together to provide “Miracle Buckets” at Trojan Football games. “Miracle Buckets” will be at Trojan football games to collect donations for the construction of the Miracle Field. Attendees are asked to donate $1 or spare change to help with the construction of the Miracle Field.
“Community support will help make this dream come true for so many special needs children,” says Stevie Young, Parks & Recreation Department Director. “Any amount that a person is willing to donate will help.”
The construction cost of the Miracle Field is estimated at $750,000. The field area will include a baseball field, concession area, and playground for special needs children and adults to enjoy. The Miracle Field will have a ballfield and playground equipment that is
specifically engineered to enable children and adults with special needs interact, play and help prevent player injuries.
For more information, please contact the Recreation Department office at 912-384-5978
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- Jameon Gaskin, Milton Jackson combine for six touchdowns in Coffee's 55-21 win over Evans Knights
- Dr. Morris Leis, superintendent of Coffee County schools, visits with Kiwanis
- Lakeside Senior Care holds ribbon cutting, open house
- Fast track to 'Destination Graduation'
- 4-H hog show, Fall forum, adopt-a-highway workday, due dates, more