The Childhood Cancer Awareness Group of Coffee County’s annual fund-raiser kicks off tomorrow – Friday, Sept. 22 – beginning at 9 a.m. at the Bryan Street Gym, located inside Central Square in downtown Douglas. There are two events this weekend – the silent auction and bake sale, which lasts from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. Then on Saturday, Sept. 23, a live auction and a catered dinner will be held at the same location. The dinner starts at 6 p.m. and the live auction will follow at 7 p.m.
The community provides overwhelming support for these events. With the funds raised on this weekend, the CCAGCC is able to provide much needed assistance to the families of children who suffer from cancer. Funds have been given to families to help with travel and lodging costs for frequent trips to doctors and hospitals for treatments, to assist with rent, car payments, utility bills, groceries, and/or medical expenses. For the last six years, the CCAGCC has been able to step in and provide financial support when families need it most.
This is an important event, one that has reaches into a part of the community many people may not know even exists. Please come out this weekend and show your support for this important organization and the vital role it plays in Douglas and Coffee County.
- Nicholls man arrested, jailed after allegedly pulling a knife on off-duty police officer
- Man arrested after allegedly assaulting woman with 12-year-old in the home
- Two arrested on drug charges in separate investigations
- Wiregrass names semi-finalists for GOAL Award
- Fund-raiser for John Myron Coffee scholarship fund set for December 17