Childhood Cancer Awareness Group of Coffee County's annual fund-raiser is this weekend
- Written by Robert Preston
- Published in Community
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
The Childhood Cancer Awareness Group of Coffee County’s annual fund-raiser kicks off tomorrow – Friday, Sept. 22 – beginning at 9 a.m. at the Bryan Street Gym, located inside Central Square in downtown Douglas. There are two events this weekend – the silent auction and bake sale, which lasts from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. Then on Saturday, Sept. 23, a live auction and a catered dinner will be held at the same location. The dinner starts at 6 p.m. and the live auction will follow at 7 p.m.
The community provides overwhelming support for these events. With the funds raised on this weekend, the CCAGCC is able to provide much needed assistance to the families of children who suffer from cancer. Funds have been given to families to help with travel and lodging costs for frequent trips to doctors and hospitals for treatments, to assist with rent, car payments, utility bills, groceries, and/or medical expenses. For the last six years, the CCAGCC has been able to step in and provide financial support when families need it most.
This is an important event, one that has reaches into a part of the community many people may not know even exists. Please come out this weekend and show your support for this important organization and the vital role it plays in Douglas and Coffee County.
- Coffee County student makes Brewton-Parker Dean’s List
- City to end recycling program on August 1
- Ethan Kramer receives state young leader award
- Cross sentenced to year and a half in jail after disrupting probation revocation hearing 27 times with foul language, lewd behavior
- Pair of teens arrested for allegedly stealing customer's credit card information at drive-through