The 2017 Hometown Harvest will take place on Thursday, October 26, from 4 to 7:30 p.m. on the vacant lot adjacent to City Hall located on Madison Avenue. Kids play area will be from 4 – 7:30 p.m., candy distribution for ages 12 and under, will be from 4 – 6 p.m.; registration for the kids and family costume contest will begin at 4 p.m. and end promptly at 5:30 p.m.. The costume contest will begin at 6 p.m. with winners being announced at 7:30 p.m. In the kids costume contest category for ages 0-12 years, only 50 participants will be allowed. In the family costume contest category, at least 2 or more family members must be dressed alike in themed costume; only 25 families will be allowed. There is no age limit for the family costume category. For a small fee kids can also enjoy a pony rides and other activities.
“We are looking for another great year for this event,” says Pattie Merritt, Main Street Coordinator. “It is a pleasure to provide a safe and fun atmosphere for kids to trick or treat and for community partners to share this annual event.”
All community agencies that would like to participate in this year’s Hometown Harvest, please contact the City of Douglas Main Street office at 912-384-5161.
- John Henry, Chamber of Commerce President, visits with Kiwanis
- SGSC announces Spring 2018 Academic Honors Lists
- Douglas utilities encourages customers to use Utility Hawk customer portal
- Alma PD announce last week's arrests, charges ranging from indecent exposure to drug possession
- ESG Operations Leadership Class Gives Back To The Douglas-Coffee County Community