The Medicine Cabinet, which was named the 2015 small business of the year, offers a free vitamin program for children grades pre-k through fifth grade. The program allows for any child to receive a free bottle of vitamins once a month.
Scott Meeks, owner of The Medicine Cabinet, and staff wants every child to be healthy and happy. The program is available to anyone within driving distance and there is no purchase necessary. The program is open to the community but there are a few requirements in order to enroll in the program.
The parent or guardian has to provide the child’s name, address and birth date each month to receive the vitamins. This information also serves as a way to enter into giveaways. Each month’s pick-up counts as an extra entry into the drawing. Children who are entered in the first six-month cycle will have the chance to win a bicycle. Prizes will change every six months and each winner will be selected from those entries.
Free vitamins can be picked up at either of the Douglas’ locations. The Medicine Cabinet encourages every parent to take advantage of this complimentary program.
- Georgia HEART Hospital Program to begin accepting applications on October 1
- CRMC health fair scheduled for October 6
- Police department: No suspicious activity at local Wal-Mart
- Here is the September edition of the Mayor's Monthly Minutes
- Here is a complete video of Monday's city commission meeting (with a few extra notes)