At the Douglas Kiwanis Club Installation Banquet held on October 3, 2017, Jim Campbell, Lt. Governor for the 17th District, officially inducted four new members into the Douglas club. The new members are: Jeanette Blampied, Marilyn Commins, Alisha Cross & William Hammond.
George Blampied presented John Higgs with the Dr. Lewis Davis Award which is given to a member of the community that has demonstrated outstanding community service during the year.
Julie Macomber Vickers was sworn in as President for 2017-18 by Jim Campbell, Lt. Governor for the 17th District.
It was announced that Wes Abler would be receiving the Billy Willingham Award as outstanding Kiwanian for the year. He was presented the award at the regular meeting of October 10, 2017.
Jeanette Blampied, Marilyn Commins, Alisha Cross, William Hammond & Martin Vickers (President 2016-17)
Julie Macomber Vickers & Jim Campbell
Wes Abler & Martin Vickers (President 2016-17)
Carter Thompson Insurance your local insurance agent - 912-384-7171
- Mayor's monthly minutes for Feb. 2018: "Crime is down in Douglas by 21.68 percent"
- Kevin Tatum's weekly 4-H news roundup
- CRMC accepting commercial Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dr. Jonna named president of the medical staff at Coffee Regional
- Southwire employee caught allegedly stealing wire from plant, charged with felony theft by taking