At the Douglas Kiwanis Club Installation Banquet held on October 3, 2017, Jim Campbell, Lt. Governor for the 17th District, officially inducted four new members into the Douglas club. The new members are: Jeanette Blampied, Marilyn Commins, Alisha Cross & William Hammond.
George Blampied presented John Higgs with the Dr. Lewis Davis Award which is given to a member of the community that has demonstrated outstanding community service during the year.
Julie Macomber Vickers was sworn in as President for 2017-18 by Jim Campbell, Lt. Governor for the 17th District.
It was announced that Wes Abler would be receiving the Billy Willingham Award as outstanding Kiwanian for the year. He was presented the award at the regular meeting of October 10, 2017.
Jeanette Blampied, Marilyn Commins, Alisha Cross, William Hammond & Martin Vickers (President 2016-17)
Julie Macomber Vickers & Jim Campbell
Wes Abler & Martin Vickers (President 2016-17)
- Suspected dealer swallows drugs, slips out of hospital before officers get arrest warrants
- The Commodore Oliver Bowen Chapter, National Society Daughters of American Revolution of Douglas installs new officers
- Rev. Douglas Walker visits with Kiwanis
- Wilkerson defeats Johnson in BOE District 1 race, T-SPLOST passes
- Authorities continue the search for Willie Frank Wooden