Joshua Peavy, who made it to the semifinal round on ABC’s “Rising Star” reality talent show, saw his run come to an end last night. Peavy, who sang “What Hurts the Most,” a former #1 hit by Rascal Flatts, was one of three contestants voted off the show during the live broadcast. However, West Coast viewers watched a tape-delayed broadcast and had the chance to save one of the three.
During the live East Coast broadcast, Peavy, along with fellow competitors Maneepat Malloy and Audrey Kate Geiger, did not receive enough votes to automatically advance to next week’s finals. Peavy received a 72 percent approval rating during the live show while Geiger received 69 percent. During the West Coast viewing, Peavy got 67 percent while Geiger edged him by a single point with 68 percent to move on.
Peavy, however, has been in contact with several recording studios during his “Rising Star” run and is confident that his appearance on the show will open up a door for him in the music industry.
- Georgia HEART Hospital Program to begin accepting applications on October 1
- CRMC health fair scheduled for October 6
- Police department: No suspicious activity at local Wal-Mart
- Here is the September edition of the Mayor's Monthly Minutes
- Here is a complete video of Monday's city commission meeting (with a few extra notes)