The City of Douglas Police, Fire, and City Clerk’s Office were recognized at the Jan. 8 Commission meeting, for receiving an award for the National Night Out Event that was held on Aug. 1, 2017. Thanks to all everyone who helped make this event successful! Pictured L-R: Commissioner Mike Gowen, Commissioner Cindy McNeill, Fire Chief Wilson, Police Chief Casteloes, City Clerk Wynetta Bolder, and Mayor Tony Paulk.
Mayor Tony Paulk and the Commission congratulated Douglas Police Officer, Sara Wood, for recently graduating from the Police Academy in Tifton at the City Commission meeting on Monday, Jan. 8, 2018. Pictured L-R: Commissioner Mike Gowen, Officer Sara Woods, Police Chief Casteloes, and Mayor Tony Paulk.
At the regular City Commission meeting on Monday, Jan. 8, 2018, Ward 2 Commissioner Kentaiwon Durham was voted in as Mayor Pro Tem for the 2018 year. Congratulations!
- Lyn Lott, Douglas native and former PGA pro, passes at age 67
- GBI investigates Douglas Police Department officer's missing weapon
- Premium Waters makes donation to three local organizations
- Douglas Vascular Center announces expansion of the facility, services
- Over 1,500 attend 2018 Wiregrass Artist Guild's children art festival