The City of Douglas Police, Fire, and City Clerk’s Office were recognized at the Jan. 8 Commission meeting, for receiving an award for the National Night Out Event that was held on Aug. 1, 2017. Thanks to all everyone who helped make this event successful! Pictured L-R: Commissioner Mike Gowen, Commissioner Cindy McNeill, Fire Chief Wilson, Police Chief Casteloes, City Clerk Wynetta Bolder, and Mayor Tony Paulk.
Mayor Tony Paulk and the Commission congratulated Douglas Police Officer, Sara Wood, for recently graduating from the Police Academy in Tifton at the City Commission meeting on Monday, Jan. 8, 2018. Pictured L-R: Commissioner Mike Gowen, Officer Sara Woods, Police Chief Casteloes, and Mayor Tony Paulk.
At the regular City Commission meeting on Monday, Jan. 8, 2018, Ward 2 Commissioner Kentaiwon Durham was voted in as Mayor Pro Tem for the 2018 year. Congratulations!
- Suspected dealer swallows drugs, slips out of hospital before officers get arrest warrants
- The Commodore Oliver Bowen Chapter, National Society Daughters of American Revolution of Douglas installs new officers
- Rev. Douglas Walker visits with Kiwanis
- Wilkerson defeats Johnson in BOE District 1 race, T-SPLOST passes
- City Commission recognizes new certified Douglas firefighter