The City of Douglas Police, Fire, and City Clerk’s Office were recognized at the Jan. 8 Commission meeting, for receiving an award for the National Night Out Event that was held on Aug. 1, 2017. Thanks to all everyone who helped make this event successful! Pictured L-R: Commissioner Mike Gowen, Commissioner Cindy McNeill, Fire Chief Wilson, Police Chief Casteloes, City Clerk Wynetta Bolder, and Mayor Tony Paulk.
Mayor Tony Paulk and the Commission congratulated Douglas Police Officer, Sara Wood, for recently graduating from the Police Academy in Tifton at the City Commission meeting on Monday, Jan. 8, 2018. Pictured L-R: Commissioner Mike Gowen, Officer Sara Woods, Police Chief Casteloes, and Mayor Tony Paulk.
At the regular City Commission meeting on Monday, Jan. 8, 2018, Ward 2 Commissioner Kentaiwon Durham was voted in as Mayor Pro Tem for the 2018 year. Congratulations!
- City of Douglas seeks employers to be part of job fair, resource expo
- Chief Brannen Pruette assumes role of interim police chief
- Satilla Regional Library System hosts Rock n’ Roll Magic Show
- Eleven Stingrays win individual championships at state meet
- Douglas Stingrays win third state title in five years