The Magnolia Midlands Travel Association (MMTA) is requesting proposals for a tourism driven project entitled “Take Flight”. For this project, artists who live or attend college within the region, are being sought to produce artwork that will engage Georgia
visitors and tell the story of the region.
The artist will be commissioned to install a set of Eagle wings on a main wall in the State Visitor Information Center in Sylvania, Georgia. The Visitor Information Center is located at 8463 Burton's Ferry Hwy, Sylvania, GA 30467 and is the oldest center in the US.
The wings will designate/create an area for a photo opportunity inside the visitor information center and can help tell the story of the region. The wings can be painted or created on tin, aluminum, wood, canvas, etc., but consideration of weight should be a
MMTA is a membership driven organization charged with marketing and promoting the interest and assets of the 24 county membership area of Southeast Georgia. The 24 counties include: Appling, Atkinson, Bacon, Ben Hill, Bleckley, Bulloch, Candler, Coffee,
Dodge, Evans, Irwin, Jeff Davis, Laurens, Long, Montgomery, Pulaski, Screven, Tattnall, Telfair, Toombs, Treutlen, Wayne, Wheeler and Wilcox.
- Georgia HEART Hospital Program to begin accepting applications on October 1
- CRMC health fair scheduled for October 6
- Police department: No suspicious activity at local Wal-Mart
- Here is the September edition of the Mayor's Monthly Minutes
- Here is a complete video of Monday's city commission meeting (with a few extra notes)