Chris Elrod, Coffee County Sheriff Department, was the speaker at the Douglas Kiwanis Club meeting on Tuesday, March 6, 2018, at the Flyin’ Cowboy restaurant. He spoke about Advanced Law Enforcement Rapid Response Training (ALERT) as well as physical security checks and active shooter drills in all county schools.
The Kiwanis club members enjoyed and appreciated his presentation.
- Michael Mancil, who said he planned to blow up the HAARP facility in Alaska, sentenced on Wednesday
- Officers make arrest in Dec. 2 shooting
- One person shot on Roper Street, no arrests
- Shoppes at Tip Top celebrates grand opening with ribbon cutting
- Jury convicts Derrious Carter on drug possession charges, sentenced to 11 years in prison