Earlier this week, a convenience store in Douglas sold a Georgia Lottery Jumbo Jumbo Bucks ticket worth $500,000.
The ticket was purchased at Baker Express, located at 1436 Baker Highway West. The lucky winner claimed the prize Thursday at the Georgia Lottery’s Tifton District Office. The winner, a female, has requested that her name be witheld from publication.
Since its first year, the Georgia Lottery Corp. has returned more than $19.2 billion to the state of Georgia for education. All Georgia Lottery profits go to pay for specific educational programs, including Georgia’s HOPE Scholarship Program and Georgia’s Pre-K Program. More than 1.8 million students have received HOPE, and more than 1.6 million 4-year-olds have attended the statewide, voluntary pre-kindergarten program
- Officers make arrest in Dec. 2 shooting
- One person shot on Roper Street, no arrests
- Shoppes at Tip Top celebrates grand opening with ribbon cutting
- Jury convicts Derrious Carter on drug possession charges, sentenced to 11 years in prison
- Video: DPD, gang unit officers arrest Samuel Edward Jones for murder of Terrance Gibson