Earlier this week, a convenience store in Douglas sold a Georgia Lottery Jumbo Jumbo Bucks ticket worth $500,000.
The ticket was purchased at Baker Express, located at 1436 Baker Highway West. The lucky winner claimed the prize Thursday at the Georgia Lottery’s Tifton District Office. The winner, a female, has requested that her name be witheld from publication.
Since its first year, the Georgia Lottery Corp. has returned more than $19.2 billion to the state of Georgia for education. All Georgia Lottery profits go to pay for specific educational programs, including Georgia’s HOPE Scholarship Program and Georgia’s Pre-K Program. More than 1.8 million students have received HOPE, and more than 1.6 million 4-year-olds have attended the statewide, voluntary pre-kindergarten program
- Holt's Bakery & Restaurant competes for 'Sweetest Bakery in America'
- CCSO arrests one on child cruelty charges after allegedly hitting a 10-year-old
- Douglas Kiwanis Club news
- Convicted child molester charged for not registering residency
- Douglas-Coffee County Chamber of Commerce celebrates March 19-23 as Georgia Small Business Week