Earlier this week, a convenience store in Douglas sold a Georgia Lottery Jumbo Jumbo Bucks ticket worth $500,000.
The ticket was purchased at Baker Express, located at 1436 Baker Highway West. The lucky winner claimed the prize Thursday at the Georgia Lottery’s Tifton District Office. The winner, a female, has requested that her name be witheld from publication.
Since its first year, the Georgia Lottery Corp. has returned more than $19.2 billion to the state of Georgia for education. All Georgia Lottery profits go to pay for specific educational programs, including Georgia’s HOPE Scholarship Program and Georgia’s Pre-K Program. More than 1.8 million students have received HOPE, and more than 1.6 million 4-year-olds have attended the statewide, voluntary pre-kindergarten program
- Georgia HEART Hospital Program to begin accepting applications on October 1
- CRMC health fair scheduled for October 6
- Police department: No suspicious activity at local Wal-Mart
- Here is the September edition of the Mayor's Monthly Minutes
- Here is a complete video of Monday's city commission meeting (with a few extra notes)