The Wiregrass Artists Guild and Douglas Parks and Recreation Department held its annual Children’s Art Festival on Saturday, March 10, 2018. Artwork was on display from children and students in Coffee County, as well as several opportunities for children to participate in art activities.
“Just to see the faces of each child light up as they tour the artwork on display warms my heart,” says Gina Gibbs, Parks & Recreation Department. “The turnout was amazing this year. We sincerely thank everyone who participated and supported the event.”
The Wiregrass Artists Guild (W.A.G.) and the Parks and Recreation Department hosts the Children’s Art Festival each year on the second Saturday of March. March is “Art is for Everyone” month, and this event kicks off the Guild’s celebration of art in the community.
The W.A.G. Art Show & Sale will be held on Saturday, April 28, 2018 at Heritage Station Museum. Artwork will be on display for sale by area artists including the W.A.G. Artists of the Year, Delores Coleman and Alyssa Teston.
Special thanks to the Wiregrass Artists Guild, Coffee County Schools & Board of Education, Coffee County Homeschool program, Citizens Christian Academy, and all the volunteers for making this event a success. For more information about the Wiregrass Artists Guild, please call 912-383-7332.
- City commission decides to re-interview all five police chief candidates
- Willacoochee man killed in hit and run, suspect arrested
- Victim from In and Out shooting fighting for life, was out on bond for July 4 double shooting
- A piece of aviation history took to the skies over Douglas this week
- Douglas man loses life in tractor-trailer accident