At the City Commission meeting held on Monday, Mach 26, 2018, Mayor Tony Paulk and the City Commission recognized the Coffee County 4-H Youth who have exhibited excellent leadership skills while representing Douglas and Coffee County on several levels within the Georgia 4-H program.
Currently, TK McIver, Willie Spence, Amelia Crockett, Alexandra Rivero, and Ishika Sandarangani are serving out their terms on the 2017-2018 4-H Southeast District Board of Directors, as well as, Evie Woodward who is serving out her term on the 2017-2018 4-H State Board of Directors.
In February 2018, Coffee County 4-H’ers traveled to Rock Eagle, and competed against approximately 740 other members. Six individuals of those competing from Coffee County will move on to compete at the state level: Abby Hamilton, Michael Woods, Jr., Evie Woodward, Savannah Cothern, Kyya Johnson, and Thomas McIver.
Congratulations to these outstanding young people representing Douglas and Coffee County throughout Georgia!
- Mayor's Monthly Minutes: 2019 with projects, progress
- City's junk drop off day is this Saturday
- Premium Peanut wins overall at Christmas parade
- Mayor's Monthly Minutes: Community toy drive, Mayors' Christmas Motorcade, and more
- Residents of Wards 2 and 3 invited to a listening session with city officials on Dec. 17