At the City Commission meeting held on Monday, Mach 26, 2018, Mayor Tony Paulk and the City Commission recognized the Coffee County 4-H Youth who have exhibited excellent leadership skills while representing Douglas and Coffee County on several levels within the Georgia 4-H program.
Currently, TK McIver, Willie Spence, Amelia Crockett, Alexandra Rivero, and Ishika Sandarangani are serving out their terms on the 2017-2018 4-H Southeast District Board of Directors, as well as, Evie Woodward who is serving out her term on the 2017-2018 4-H State Board of Directors.
In February 2018, Coffee County 4-H’ers traveled to Rock Eagle, and competed against approximately 740 other members. Six individuals of those competing from Coffee County will move on to compete at the state level: Abby Hamilton, Michael Woods, Jr., Evie Woodward, Savannah Cothern, Kyya Johnson, and Thomas McIver.
Congratulations to these outstanding young people representing Douglas and Coffee County throughout Georgia!
- City of Douglas seeks employers to be part of job fair, resource expo
- Mayor Paulk, city leaders recognized Southern Gold Gymnastics gymnasts
- Coffee County weightlifting team recognized at city commission
- Douglas-Coffee County teen court seeks youth volunteers
- Mayor's monthly minutes for July 2018: "We need to make these changes and move our city forward into the future"