The City of Douglas will host the Georgia Municipal Cemetery Association’s (GMCA) workshop, “S.O.P. of Grave Digging and Cemetery Etiquette,” on Thursday, April 12, 2018, from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Central Square Complex - Youth Center. Several experts from cemeteries around the state will be presenting information to funeral directors and grave diggers.
“It is important that we have this workshop to prevent improper techniques of grave digging from occurring at our cemetery as well as other cemeteries across the community,” says Henry Milhollin, Douglas Cemetery Attendant and GMCA District 8 Manager.
The workshop is mandatory for Douglas funeral directors and grave diggers who dig graves at the Douglas Cemetery. Attendees should expect to learn about proper grave digging techniques and the proper care of a cemetery as a sacred place. For more information, please contact Henry Milhollin at 912-393-4796.
- Douglas Police Department issues warning drag racing on public streets has serious consequences
- Douglas Perimeter Road railroad overpass opening
- Walmart presents check to Wiregrass Tech's Foundation
- The City of Douglas announce plans to host during Georgia cities week, April 22-28
- Douglas Mayor's Youth Council visits the Capitol