The City of Douglas will host the Georgia Municipal Cemetery Association’s (GMCA) workshop, “S.O.P. of Grave Digging and Cemetery Etiquette,” on Thursday, April 12, 2018, from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Central Square Complex - Youth Center. Several experts from cemeteries around the state will be presenting information to funeral directors and grave diggers.
“It is important that we have this workshop to prevent improper techniques of grave digging from occurring at our cemetery as well as other cemeteries across the community,” says Henry Milhollin, Douglas Cemetery Attendant and GMCA District 8 Manager.
The workshop is mandatory for Douglas funeral directors and grave diggers who dig graves at the Douglas Cemetery. Attendees should expect to learn about proper grave digging techniques and the proper care of a cemetery as a sacred place. For more information, please contact Henry Milhollin at 912-393-4796.
- John Henry, Chamber of Commerce President, visits with Kiwanis
- The Drew House holds ribbon cutting for new ownership
- SGSC announces Spring 2018 Academic Honors Lists
- Safety tips for parents and children during the summer months
- Douglas utilities encourages customers to use Utility Hawk customer portal