On Monday, April 9, 2018, the City of Douglas Mayor and Board of Commission swore in the members of the inaugural Douglas Mayor’s Youth Council. The Douglas Mayor’s Youth Council will serve as an advisory council to the Mayor and Commission.
Members of the council will have several sessions which will include: orientation, discussion of city issues and brainstorming for new ideas for the Mayor and government leaders; collection of input through outreach, surveys, and community meetings; production of a city-wide youth town hall and television show; and participation in retreats, training, and travel experiences by building leadership skills.
- Douglas Police Department issues warning drag racing on public streets has serious consequences
- The City of Douglas announce plans to host during Georgia cities week, April 22-28
- Douglas Mayor's Youth Council visits the Capitol
- City of Douglas Fire Department receives grant from FM Global
- Douglas Cemetery to host S.O.P. of grave digging, cemetery etiquette workshop this Thursday, April 12