Officers of the Douglas Police Department often stop by to check on their little friends in Pre-K at Eastside Elementary School. The officers remind the young children they are their friend and encourage them to make good choices. The young children get to know these men and women officers who visit and learn not to be afraid of the police.
Shown in the photograph are students at Eastside Elementary School in Ms. Beverly Barbaree, Mrs. Susan Carver and Mrs. Jessica Fussell’s classes visiting with their policeman friend, Officer Perez. After the recent attack on schools within the country, Officer Perez came to remind the students they are safe at school and police officers are their friends. Officer Perez even visited the children on the playground and played some with them at recess. We appreciate all our Douglas Police Officers for their support of our young students and visiting in our schools. It was another great day in Coffee Pre-K!
- Douglas Police Department issues warning drag racing on public streets has serious consequences
- Mrs. Laura Curtis named Eastside Elementary school teacher of the year
- Douglas police searching for 13-year-old missing for over a month
- GBI investigates Douglas Police Department officer's missing weapon
- Suspected drug dealer jailed