The Mayor’s Youth Council attended the Association County Commissioners of Georgia (A.C.C.G.) Youth Caucus in Savannah on April 27–29, 2018. The youth council experienced great leadership training and networking with other youth from various counties across Georgia.
County Commissioner Jimmy Kitchens and County Administrator Wesley Vickers were present at the ACCG Annual Convention and welcomed the youth council when they arrived on Friday. On Sunday, the youth were involved in community service with the YMCA. For more updates and pictures please like their Facebook page “DouglasGAMayorsYouthCouncil”.
- Upscale apartment/condo development proposed in Downtown Douglas
- City of Douglas utilities customers targeted in phone scam
- Mayor signs proclamation for Municipal Clerks Week
- Commissioner Olivia Pearson recognized as an Al Cole 2018 Unsung Hero People of Distinction Award Honoree
- Fire department to test fire hydrants this month, may discolor water