The City of Douglas Fire Department will begin testing hydrants on Monday, May 21, 2018, and will continue through Friday, May 25, 2018. Hydrants will be tested in the NW area of the city of Douglas which includes 441 N toward Broxton to the city limits, Hwy. 32 W. toward Ocilla to the city limits, and everything West of N. Peterson Ave. to 441 South to the city limits. Hydrant testing will start at 9 p.m. each night, when there is minimum traffic, and continue until 4 a.m. each morning.
During hydrant testing, the water will be cloudy if so let the water run until it runs clear. This will clear the line of any rust that might have dislodged from the pipes. Especially before washing clothes or cooking, please let the water run clear before using it.
If there are questions or concerns, please call the City of Douglas Fire Department at 912- 384-4815.
- City's junk drop off day is this Saturday
- Premium Peanut wins overall at Christmas parade
- Mayor's Monthly Minutes: Community toy drive, Mayors' Christmas Motorcade, and more
- Residents of Wards 2 and 3 invited to a listening session with city officials on Dec. 17
- City offers pre-pay utilities program to first 50 customers