Mayor Tony Paulk signed a proclamation on Wednesday, May 9, 2018, proclaiming May 6-12, 2018 as Municipal Clerks Week. The International Institute of Municipal Clerks (IIMC) has celebrated this week as Municipal Clerks Week for 49 years. This is a week that recognizes Municipal Clerks for their role in maintaining records that are essential to local government. In addition to record keeping, many clerks administer all parts of local election functions and perform other duties that are vital services for our local government.
“Because some elements of government are constantly changing, Clerks must stay current of changes so they can advise their council and inform their community,” said IIMC President Mary Kayser. “As the focus of each level of government changes, Clerks must also adapt.”
- Mayor's Monthly Minutes: 2019 with projects, progress
- City's junk drop off day is this Saturday
- Premium Peanut wins overall at Christmas parade
- Mayor's Monthly Minutes: Community toy drive, Mayors' Christmas Motorcade, and more
- Residents of Wards 2 and 3 invited to a listening session with city officials on Dec. 17