The Community Foundation of Coffee County was founded in 2002 by a group of citizens interested in encouraging philanthropy and strengthening communities. Its donors make possible the Foundation’s mission to enhance the quality of life for the people of Coffee County. CFCC helps its donors establish long-term charitable funds, using the most tax-advantaged methods, to benefit their causes and the community.
The Community Foundation of Coffee County aims to further the ability of community-based charitable organizations to meet the needs of the residents of Coffee County. Through its Community Grant Program, CFCC will consider applications from organizations in the Coffee County and immediate surrounding area who apply online by August 15 at Noon. Recipients are typically announced within four months of the application deadline.
The Community Foundation of Coffee County offers community-based charitable organizations to apply for a grant of up to $3,000. Organizations who received funding last year are eligible to apply again. Applicants must complete the online application at www.cfcga.org/webportal. First, they must register for a User ID and Password.
Last year, the Community Foundation of Coffee County’s Community Grant Program funded the following organizations: LIA Foundation, Inc. were funded $2,000 to provide support for LIA's Pantry and Backpack for Kids Feeding Program; Mary Hayes Center for Social Change, Inc. was funded $500 to support the After School Program; and Hope Outreach Ministries were funded $500 to provide outdoor recreation upgrades.
- Community Foundation accepting grant applications until Sept. 1
- Community Foundation receives donation to revitalize Wheeler Park, will hold meeting on Feb. 27
- Community Foundation supports Wiregrass diesel technician, CDL programs with $200,000 pledge
- Community Foundation presents five grants worth $7,500 to local charities
- Community Foundation awarded three local nonprofits organizations this year