Get ready to COOL off this summer with the annual Summer Beach Bash on June 5, 2018! The Beach Bash will be held from 4– 8 p.m. in the vacant lot adjacent to City Hall on 441S in downtown Douglas. With over 1,500 participants, this is the perfect time for community partners to market their summer programs, vacation bible school or new business.
“We are hoping to attract more visitors to the downtown area,” says Pattie Merritt, Main Street Coordinator. “We are looking for more community organizations to join us this year. The Summer Beach Bash is always lots of fun for everyone who visits downtown!” Outdoor vendors will be selling items relating to food, inflatables, and specialty merchandise. All community organizations are invited to participate and be onsite with summer information. Kid activities will include large waterslides, bouncy house, Hoola Hoop contest, a street dance, and more!
Sponsored by the Douglas Rotary Club, City of Douglas, McRae Coca-Cola, 93.5 The Vybe, and 106.7 The Buck. For more information, please contact Pattie Merritt at (912)384- 5161 or visit www.cityofdouglas.com/BeachBash.
- City's junk drop off day is this Saturday
- Premium Peanut wins overall at Christmas parade
- Mayor's Monthly Minutes: Community toy drive, Mayors' Christmas Motorcade, and more
- Residents of Wards 2 and 3 invited to a listening session with city officials on Dec. 17
- City offers pre-pay utilities program to first 50 customers