Get ready to COOL off this summer with the annual Summer Beach Bash on June 5, 2018! The Beach Bash will be held from 4– 8 p.m. in the vacant lot adjacent to City Hall on 441S in downtown Douglas. With over 1,500 participants, this is the perfect time for community partners to market their summer programs, vacation bible school or new business.
“We are hoping to attract more visitors to the downtown area,” says Pattie Merritt, Main Street Coordinator. “We are looking for more community organizations to join us this year. The Summer Beach Bash is always lots of fun for everyone who visits downtown!” Outdoor vendors will be selling items relating to food, inflatables, and specialty merchandise. All community organizations are invited to participate and be onsite with summer information. Kid activities will include large waterslides, bouncy house, Hoola Hoop contest, a street dance, and more!
Sponsored by the Douglas Rotary Club, City of Douglas, McRae Coca-Cola, 93.5 The Vybe, and 106.7 The Buck. For more information, please contact Pattie Merritt at (912)384- 5161 or visit www.cityofdouglas.com/BeachBash.
- City of Douglas cautions drivers to slow down, watch for pedestrians
- City of Douglas moves to class two ISO public protection classification
- City of Douglas Human Resource Department hosts first job fair, resource expo
- 2018 World FITASC Junior Champion Brice Grantham recognized by Mayor, City commission
- City of Douglas seeks employers to be part of job fair, resource expo