Tuesday, June 5, 2018, members of Douglas Elks Lodge #1286 and their Auxiliary hosted a spaghetti dinner for members of two local charities. Each charity was also given a $750 check, using money from a $1,500 Elks National Foundation Anniversary Grant.
The charities chosen were the Boys & Girls Club of Coffee County Region and The Child Advocacy Center of Coffee County. As they always do, the ladies of the auxiliary outdid themselves with the food! Members of both charities spent time discussing the ways their organization benefits our community. It was an informative evening learning about the work that two local charities do, and both organizations were thankful for the contribution and dinner.
- Sammy Reed, wanted in connection with September shooting, has been arrested
- Garland Thompson, one of Coffee County's greatest ambassadors, has passed at age 90
- Officers make arrest in Dec. 2 shooting
- One person shot on Roper Street, no arrests
- Shoppes at Tip Top celebrates grand opening with ribbon cutting