The ESG, Operations leadership class has selected the historic WWII Airbase located at Douglas Municipal-Gene Chambers Airport as their service project for 2018. The ESG Leadership class is a group of the company’s leaders from ESG projects across the southeast with the UGA Carl Vinson Institute of Government. Restoration and cleanup plans at the airbase include reinstallation of the museum sign by creating a planting island for the sign, painting the entryway fence and building, stripping the parking lot and road, pressure washing the buildings and painting them, landscaping the front entryway, rehabbing the roadside park by rocking the road, installing new picnic tables and trash cans, and working on the bar-b-que pits.
- Sammy Reed, wanted in connection with September shooting, has been arrested
- Garland Thompson, one of Coffee County's greatest ambassadors, has passed at age 90
- Officers make arrest in Dec. 2 shooting
- One person shot on Roper Street, no arrests
- Shoppes at Tip Top celebrates grand opening with ribbon cutting