At the City Commission meeting on Thursday, May 31, 2018, the Douglas-Coffee County Parks & Recreation Track team was recognized by the Mayor and City Commission for their great performance at the GRPA State Track meet.
The DCCPRD Track team represented Douglas and Coffee County at the GRPA State Track meet that was held on May 4 & 5, 2018, in Commerce, Georgia. The team competed against hundreds of Recreation Department youth from across the state.
Track members Tyrese Woodgett placed 4th in the 200-meter dash and 2nd in the Long Jump, Tyrese Smith participated in the Long Jump, Tyrianna Woodgett placed 2nd in the Long Jump, Jada Robinson placed 1st in the Softball Throw and 5th in the Shot Put, Aria Paulk placed 4th in the Long Jump and 3rd in the Softball Throw, Nevin Swanson placed 3rd in the 1600 meter Run and Jeremiah Bazell placed 2nd in the High Jump. Congratulations to the Track Team and their coaches, Coach Ronnie Graham and Coach Allan Swanson.
- Animal control problems increasing in city, here is important animal control information
- City needs volunteers on commissions, committees
- Water tower maintenance causes water discoloration
- City to conduct water tank maintenance Thursday
- City needs volunteers for ethics committee, library board, planning commission