The Douglas Coffee County Parks and Recreation Department opened the city pool on Tuesday, May 29, 2018, for the summer. Each year, the Recreation Department faces challenges employing staff and lifeguards for the summer season, however, the schedule has been revised to reflect more time for open swim during the day.
Open swim is available for anyone to enter at an admission fee of $3 per person. Open Swim hours are Tuesdays: 3:15 -6 p.m.; Wednesdays: 1:15-3 p.m.; Thursdays: 3:15-6 p.m.; Fridays: 1:15-5:15 p.m.; and Saturdays: 3:30 – 5:45 p.m.
Family swim hours require individuals to purchase a swim membership for their household. Only persons listed on the membership card or guests of the membership household may swim during those hours. Family Swim hours are Tuesdays: 1:15-3 p.m.; Wednesdays: 3:15-5 p.m.; Thursdays: 1:15-3 p.m.; Fridays: 5:30-7:15 p.m.; Saturdays: 1:15-3:15 p.m.; and Sundays: 1:15-5:15 p.m.
The pool will be closed on July 2 and July 4, 2018. On some days, lifeguards and staff may have to close the pool due to weather and safety concerns without notice. Swims lessons, swim team practice, water aerobics and splash parties are held at other alternating times and days.
For more information about family swim memberships or other swim programs offered at the Recreation Department, please call (912) 384-5978.
- Mayor, commission recognize DCCPRD All Star teams
- Douglas Coffee County Parks & Recreation Department chosen as the GRPA’s District 2 Agency of the year
- DCCPRD track team recognized at city commission meeting
- Cheerleaders help to collect donations for DCCPRD Miracle Field at Trojan game
- Summer Blitz Day has come and gone, still opportunities to sign up for camps