The City of Douglas is currently seeking volunteers to fill vacancies on the Zoning Board of Appeals and the Recreation Commission. The individual must live within the city limits of Douglas.
The purpose of the zoning commission is to make recommendations to the City and County on matters involving planning, zoning, subdivisions and other land use issues. The Recreation Commission makes recommendations to the Douglas-Coffee County Parks and Recreation Department and City of Douglas regarding recreation department athletics, programming and other issues.
Applications may be picked up at the City Clerk’s office at City Hall, 224 E. Bryan Street through July 12, 2018.
For more details please call 389-3405 or 389-3432
- City to participate in Mayor's Christmas Motorcade
- City addresses concerns over trash, recycling pick-up
- Killer remains at large following Sunday morning fatal shooting, reward offered
- Video: Citizens offer assistance to Douglas police officer bloodied during foot chase
- Butler-Brockington receives municipal revenue administration certificate