The City of Douglas is currently seeking volunteers to fill vacancies on the Zoning Board of Appeals and the Recreation Commission. The individual must live within the city limits of Douglas.
The purpose of the zoning commission is to make recommendations to the City and County on matters involving planning, zoning, subdivisions and other land use issues. The Recreation Commission makes recommendations to the Douglas-Coffee County Parks and Recreation Department and City of Douglas regarding recreation department athletics, programming and other issues.
Applications may be picked up at the City Clerk’s office at City Hall, 224 E. Bryan Street through July 12, 2018.
For more details please call 389-3405 or 389-3432
- City commission decides to re-interview all five police chief candidates
- Willacoochee man killed in hit and run, suspect arrested
- Victim from In and Out shooting fighting for life, was out on bond for July 4 double shooting
- A piece of aviation history took to the skies over Douglas this week
- Douglas man loses life in tractor-trailer accident