On Friday, June 29, 2018, the Douglas Fire Department participated in the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) Fill the Boot Drive. THE MDA Fill the Boot campaign has been held for the last 60 years in cities all across the United States. “Douglas has participated for several years and this year, we are happy to have raised over $3,500.00 through donations from our community,” says Fire Chief Larry Wilson. Monies raised will help fund research and assistance to families whose children are in need of medical attention. Special thanks to Walmart Store, Douglas Firefighters, and everyone who donated to the MDA Fill the Boot Drive.
- City of Douglas seeks employers to be part of job fair, resource expo
- Chief Brannen Pruette assumes role of interim police chief
- Satilla Regional Library System hosts Rock n’ Roll Magic Show
- Eleven Stingrays win individual championships at state meet
- Douglas Stingrays win third state title in five years