On Friday, June 29, 2018, the Douglas Fire Department participated in the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) Fill the Boot Drive. THE MDA Fill the Boot campaign has been held for the last 60 years in cities all across the United States. “Douglas has participated for several years and this year, we are happy to have raised over $3,500.00 through donations from our community,” says Fire Chief Larry Wilson. Monies raised will help fund research and assistance to families whose children are in need of medical attention. Special thanks to Walmart Store, Douglas Firefighters, and everyone who donated to the MDA Fill the Boot Drive.
- Officers respond to Friday shooting, suspect on the run and considered armed and dangerous
- Georgia HEART Hospital Program to begin accepting applications on October 1
- CRMC health fair scheduled for October 6
- Police department: No suspicious activity at local Wal-Mart
- Here is the September edition of the Mayor's Monthly Minutes