Southern Gold Gymnastics gymnasts were recognized by Mayor Tony Paulk and the City Commission at the Commission meeting on Thursday, July 12, 2018. The gymnasts represented Douglas and Coffee County during their trip to the AAU Gymnastic National Championship in Tampa, Florida. SGG gymnasts placed and won several categories at Nationals. The competition gymnastic team at Southern Gold Gymnastics practices over eight hours a week all year preparing for the competition. Congratulations to these remarkable young ladies and coach!
- Video: DPD, gang unit officers arrest Samuel Edward Jones for murder of Terrance Gibson
- Mayor's Monthly Minutes: Community toy drive, Mayors' Christmas Motorcade, and more
- Residents of Wards 2 and 3 invited to a listening session with city officials on Dec. 17
- City needs three people for the Downtown Development Authority
- Shooting reported in Oak Park Tuesday morning, victim life-flighted to trauma center