Southern Gold Gymnastics gymnasts were recognized by Mayor Tony Paulk and the City Commission at the Commission meeting on Thursday, July 12, 2018. The gymnasts represented Douglas and Coffee County during their trip to the AAU Gymnastic National Championship in Tampa, Florida. SGG gymnasts placed and won several categories at Nationals. The competition gymnastic team at Southern Gold Gymnastics practices over eight hours a week all year preparing for the competition. Congratulations to these remarkable young ladies and coach!
- City commission decides to re-interview all five police chief candidates
- Willacoochee man killed in hit and run, suspect arrested
- Victim from In and Out shooting fighting for life, was out on bond for July 4 double shooting
- A piece of aviation history took to the skies over Douglas this week
- Douglas man loses life in tractor-trailer accident