Douglas Police Department’s Deputy Chief, Brannen Pruette has transitioned into the role of Interim Police Chief. In May 2018, previous Police Chief Gary Casteloes was absent due to medical leave. After returning to duty from medical leave, Casteloes decided to retire at the end of June 2018.
Currently, the city is exploring its different possibilities and until that process has been established, Pruette will continue in the position of Interim Police Chief.
- City commission narrowly approves changes to alcohol ordinance
- Hurricane Michael downs power line that causes wastewater spill into Indian Creek
- City issues latest Hurricane Michael update
- Officials announce curfew beginning at 6 p.m. Wednesday as Hurricane Michael arrives
- Downtown Merchants Association to host Hometown Harvest