Douglas Police Department’s Deputy Chief, Brannen Pruette has transitioned into the role of Interim Police Chief. In May 2018, previous Police Chief Gary Casteloes was absent due to medical leave. After returning to duty from medical leave, Casteloes decided to retire at the end of June 2018.
Currently, the city is exploring its different possibilities and until that process has been established, Pruette will continue in the position of Interim Police Chief.
- Sammy Reed, wanted in connection with September shooting, has been arrested
- Garland Thompson, one of Coffee County's greatest ambassadors, has passed at age 90
- Officers make arrest in Dec. 2 shooting
- One person shot on Roper Street, no arrests
- Shoppes at Tip Top celebrates grand opening with ribbon cutting