Douglas Police Department’s Deputy Chief, Brannen Pruette has transitioned into the role of Interim Police Chief. In May 2018, previous Police Chief Gary Casteloes was absent due to medical leave. After returning to duty from medical leave, Casteloes decided to retire at the end of June 2018.
Currently, the city is exploring its different possibilities and until that process has been established, Pruette will continue in the position of Interim Police Chief.
- South Georgia State College celebrates faculty, staff at convocation
- Portion of South Gaskin Ave will be closed beginning August 27
- National Night Out Against Crime event was a huge success this year
- Sgt. Christopher Cody Phillips named Interim Chief of Alma Police Department
- Local 4-H news for the week of August 13