It’s hard to believe but football season is almost here.
While games that count are still a few weeks away, football talk returns to the local airwaves tonight, July 27, from 6-8 p.m. The time remains the same but the station is changing. Football Friday Night returns to 106.7 The Buck. This year’s Coffee Trojan games will also be broadcast on The Buck.
The Trojan broadcast crew of Gene Wade (play by play), Stanley Lott (color commentator), Leslie Byron Smith (sideline reporter), and Dr. Keith Childers (spotter) return for another year of Football Friday Night and the Coffee Trojan games each Friday. The Trojans had the greatest year in the history of the program in 2017 and to say there is a great deal of excitement surrounding the program is an understatement. And from now until the end of the season, you can feed that excitement through the Football Friday Night shows and the Trojan play by play broadcasts.
After the games go off the air, you will be able to tune in to Chris Beckham’s “The Biggest High School Scoreboard Show in the World,” which will air immediately following the Coffee games. This promises to be another banner year for the Trojans and you don’t want to miss a single moment of action – from the preseason to the playoffs.
It all begins tonight at 6 p.m. on 106.7 The Buck.
- Trojan Olympic lifters bring home national team championship, three individual medalists
- Longhorns stop Trojans' running attack, end Coffee's season in quarterfinals
- Two Lady Trojans ink scholarships to play at the next level
- Coffee's rushing game wins the day, Trojans beat Wildcats and move on to third round
- #4 seed Trojans knock off #1 seed Stephenson Jaguars in first round