Dr. Morris Leis, Superintendent of Coffee County School System, was the speaker at the Douglas Kiwanis Club meeting on Tuesday, July 31, 2018, at the Flyin’ Cowboy restaurant. He spoke about the accomplishments for the school year 2017-18, the new five-year strategic plan, actions taken to increase security at all schools and ESPLOST V.
The Kiwanis Club members enjoyed and appreciated his presentation.
- City commission decides to re-interview all five police chief candidates
- Willacoochee man killed in hit and run, suspect arrested
- Victim from In and Out shooting fighting for life, was out on bond for July 4 double shooting
- A piece of aviation history took to the skies over Douglas this week
- Douglas man loses life in tractor-trailer accident