Dr. Morris Leis, Superintendent of Coffee County School System, was the speaker at the Douglas Kiwanis Club meeting on Tuesday, July 31, 2018, at the Flyin’ Cowboy restaurant. He spoke about the accomplishments for the school year 2017-18, the new five-year strategic plan, actions taken to increase security at all schools and ESPLOST V.
The Kiwanis Club members enjoyed and appreciated his presentation.
- One person shot on Roper Street, no arrests
- Shoppes at Tip Top celebrates grand opening with ribbon cutting
- Jury convicts Derrious Carter on drug possession charges, sentenced to 11 years in prison
- Video: DPD, gang unit officers arrest Samuel Edward Jones for murder of Terrance Gibson
- City needs three people for the Downtown Development Authority