On Tuesday, August 7, 2018, from 4–8 p.m., Douglas residents & children enjoyed spending a fun time with public safety officers at the annual National Night Out Event. This year, organizers held the event at Davis Wade park swimming pool and grounds.
Approximately, over 300 residents attended the second Douglas’ National Night Out with public safety officials and enjoyed free hot dogs, free coke products, free school supplies, “Dunk an Officer” dunking booth, pool time, and dance party. Attendees also had a chance to win Bluetooth headsets, a laptop, tablets, and Wild Adventure Tickets.
National Night Out is held the second Tuesday of August and part of a national campaign that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make neighborhoods safer, more caring places to live.
Thanks to all the public safety agencies that participated this year. National sponsors are NATW, Dietz and Watson, Associa, and Ring. Special thanks to our local sponsors: 8 Finger Jack’s BBQ & Catering, McRae Coca-Cola, 93.5 The Vibe/106.7 The Buck, DL Lee's (Alma), Annie Lauren's Beauty Salon (Erin Ellis), Chris Yaughn Plumbing, Lewis Construction, Meeks Ins., Hennesy Ins., Harper Construction, and Grantham Electric.
- City to participate in Mayor's Christmas Motorcade
- Killer remains at large following Sunday morning fatal shooting, reward offered
- Video: Citizens offer assistance to Douglas police officer bloodied during foot chase
- Mayor's youth council is looking for members
- Registration is underway for the Festival of Lights Christmas parade