Coffee Regional Medical Center’s 2018 Community Health and Wellness Day is fast approaching. Saturday, October 6 will be an educational health day filled with fun and fitness. Open to the public, there will be many health and wellness screenings, educational booths, and interactive activities for all ages both indoors at CRMC and outdoors on the CRMC campus.
Beginning at 7:30 am, the Health and Wellness Run and Walk will kick off the day. A 6k obstacle course run, a children’s obstacle course for ages 11 and under, a traditional 5k run and a 1.5 mile walk will begin and end on the campus of Coffee Regional Medical Center. Wear pink and join the “Pink Out Costume Contest” sponsored by Beta Sigma Phi, Alpha Theta Chapter. With an option for most fitness levels and ages, this will truly be a family fun activity. Bring your family, friends, four-legged pals, strollers and leashes and join the fun. Advanced registration deadline for the race is Wednesday, October 3 at 11:59 pm. Early packet pick-up is Friday, October 5 at the Wellness Center (200 Doctors Drive).
Discounted blood panels will be offered again at this years’ health fair. These panels are $30 each (can be paid by cash or check) and include:
- Lipid Profile: Cholesterols and Triglycerides
- Hemoglobin and Hematocrit
- CMP – Comprehensive Metabolic Profile
- TSH – Thyroid Stimulating Hormone
There will also be several health screenings at this years’ event.
- Hernia Checks by Dr. Chet Royals of CRH Surgical Group - FREE
- Wound Care Checks by Dr. Drew Bagwell of CRMC Wound Care - FREE
- Prostate Cancer Screening* by Dr. Al Mazur of CRH Urology Group - $10 each
*Thursday, October 4 from 4pm-8pm and Saturday, October 6 from 8am-11am
Other activities include a cookie eating contest, prescription drugt-back sponsored by McRae’s Pharmacy, face painting, The Bread Beckers Inc. demonstrations and samples and much more!
A variety of vendors will be joining us on the CRMC campus for this exciting event. Many will have interactive activities and giveaways.
- City commission decides to re-interview all five police chief candidates
- Willacoochee man killed in hit and run, suspect arrested
- Victim from In and Out shooting fighting for life, was out on bond for July 4 double shooting
- CRMC's Heart and Vascular Center to hold grand opening on Feb. 14
- A piece of aviation history took to the skies over Douglas this week