Coffee Regional Medical Center’s 2018 Community Health & Wellness Day is fast approaching. Saturday, October 6 will be an educational health day filled with fun and fitness. Open to the public, there will be many health and wellness screenings, educational booths, and interactive activities for all ages both indoors at CRMC and outdoors on the CRMC campus.
Beginning at 7:30 am, the Health and Wellness Run and Walk will kick off the day. A 6k obstacle course run, a children’s obstacle course for ages 11 and under, a traditional 5k run and a 1.5 mile walk will begin and end on the campus of Coffee Regional Medical Center. Wear pink and join the “Pink Out Costume Contest” sponsored by Beta Sigma Phi, Alpha Theta Chapter. With an option for most fitness levels and ages, this will truly be a family fun activity. Bring your family, friends, four-legged pals, strollers and leashes and join the fun. Advanced registration deadline for the race is Wednesday, October 3 at 11:59 pm. Early packet pick-up is Friday, October 5 at the Wellness Center (200 Doctors Drive).
Discounted blood panels will be offered again at this years’ health fair. These panels are $30 each (can be paid by cash or check) and include:
- Lipid Profile: Cholesterols and Triglycerides
- Hemoglobin and Hematocrit
- CMP – Comprehensive Metabolic Profile
- TSH – Thyroid Stimulating Hormone
There will also be several Health Screenings at this years’ event.
- Hernia Checks by Dr. Chet Royals of CRH Surgical Group - FREE
- Wound Care Checks by Dr. Drew Bagwell of CRMC Wound Care - FREE
- Prostate Cancer Screening* by Dr. Al Mazur of CRH Urology Group - $10 each which covers PSA blood test *ONLY Saturday, October 6 from 8 am-11 am (Thursday check has been cancelled)
Other activities include a Cookie Eating Contest, Prescription Drug Take-Back sponsored by McRae’s Pharmacy, Face Painting, The Bread Beckers Inc demonstrations and samples and much more!
A variety of vendors will be joining us on the CRMC campus for this exciting event. Many will have interactive activities and giveaways. These include:
- Smile Doctors
- Beta Sigma Phi
- Perinatal Health Partners
- Surcheros Fresh Grill
- Douglas/Coffee Co. Parks & Rec
- DCH Right From the Start Medicaid
- Fitzgerald Family Eyecare
- State Farm
- Audibel Hearing Aid Centers
- Young Living – Jenny Lott & Katie Roberts
- Diversified Resources
- Ankle & Foot Associates, LLC
- Bethany Hospice Palliative Care
- Carver Nutrition & Carver Organics
- Carver Baptist Church
- Haley Burnam Foods
- Coffee County School Nutrition
- South Georgia State College Nursing
- CRMC Stroke Care/Education
- Southern Georgia Area Agency on Aging
- Douglas Garden Club
- AirMed Care Network
- Kickin K Soap Company
- My Intent
- GracePointe Church
- Alesia Teston
- Ycarte Health Career Center
- And More!
Proceeds of this event will benefit the Cardiac Rehab Scholarship fund. There is still time to register as a vendor or as a race participant. For more information on registration process and fees please visit www.wellness247.org/events or call the Wellness Center at 912-383-6988.
- Coffee Regional earns 'A' rating from Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade system
- Health insurance locally is changing, open enrollment for new plans begins Nov. 1
- CRMC wins award for promoting organ, tissue donation
- CRMC: Safety is paramount during football games, practice
- Georgia HEART Hospital Program to begin accepting applications on October 1