The Douglas Downtown Merchants Association will be hosting the Hometown Harvest this year on Saturday, October 20, from 2 pm – 4 pm. Each participating merchant will be inviting families to visit their business to shop, play games, and participate in other activities.
“The Downtown Merchants Association plan to host a variety of events downtown beginning with First Fridays and sidewalk sales, and we are thrilled that they have decided to host the Hometown Harvest,” says Georgia Henderson, Community Development Director. Children will be able to participate in face painting, pumpkin painting, prizes, treats, and more.
The Douglas Fire Department, Douglas Police Department, 9-1-1 Operations, and the Coffee County Sheriff’s Department will be distributing candy at Atkinson Plaza. The Martin Centre will offer a free movie at 4:30 pm for all to enjoy.
The Downtown Merchants Association was formed by downtown business owners to promote their downtown businesses. A variety of events for downtown Douglas, including First Fridays and other special/holiday events, are planned by the Downtown Merchants Association. For more information about the Douglas Downtown Merchants, please contact Dave Hughes at 912-850-7347.
- City commission narrowly approves changes to alcohol ordinance
- Hurricane Michael downs power line that causes wastewater spill into Indian Creek
- City issues latest Hurricane Michael update
- Officials announce curfew beginning at 6 p.m. Wednesday as Hurricane Michael arrives
- Hurricane Michael is on the way, emergency officials are making plans