The City of Douglas Assistant Finance Director Heather Butler-Brockington has received the Municipal Revenue Administration Certificate from the Georgia Municipal Association (GMA). Mrs. Brockington was presented her certificate on November 2 in Duluth.
GMA’s Municipal Revenue Administration Certificate program is designed to strengthen the understanding of city managers, city clerks, finance officers, customer service staff, elected officials and other city employees on different municipal revenue sources and applicable laws of the administration and collection process. In order to receive the certificate, recipients must complete all six program courses: Ad Valorem Tax 101, Delinquent Tax Collection, Governmental Fund Revenue Sources 101, Occupation Tax and Regulatory Fees, Alcohol Excise Tax and License Fees and Customer Service & Best Practices.
“We are proud to have members like Heather, who commit to strengthening their understanding in a wide-range of general fund revenue sources and professionalism in customer service,” said GMA Executive Director Larry Hanson. Based in Atlanta, GMA is a voluntary, non-profit organization that provides legislative advocacy, educational, employee benefit and consulting services to its 521 member cities.
- Animal control problems increasing in city, here is important animal control information
- City needs volunteers on commissions, committees
- Water tower maintenance causes water discoloration
- City to conduct water tank maintenance Thursday
- City needs volunteers for ethics committee, library board, planning commission