The City of Douglas Assistant Finance Director Heather Butler-Brockington has received the Municipal Revenue Administration Certificate from the Georgia Municipal Association (GMA). Mrs. Brockington was presented her certificate on November 2 in Duluth.
GMA’s Municipal Revenue Administration Certificate program is designed to strengthen the understanding of city managers, city clerks, finance officers, customer service staff, elected officials and other city employees on different municipal revenue sources and applicable laws of the administration and collection process. In order to receive the certificate, recipients must complete all six program courses: Ad Valorem Tax 101, Delinquent Tax Collection, Governmental Fund Revenue Sources 101, Occupation Tax and Regulatory Fees, Alcohol Excise Tax and License Fees and Customer Service & Best Practices.
“We are proud to have members like Heather, who commit to strengthening their understanding in a wide-range of general fund revenue sources and professionalism in customer service,” said GMA Executive Director Larry Hanson. Based in Atlanta, GMA is a voluntary, non-profit organization that provides legislative advocacy, educational, employee benefit and consulting services to its 521 member cities.
- Premium Peanut wins overall at Christmas parade
- Mayor's Monthly Minutes: Community toy drive, Mayors' Christmas Motorcade, and more
- Residents of Wards 2 and 3 invited to a listening session with city officials on Dec. 17
- City offers pre-pay utilities program to first 50 customers
- City announces junk drop-off days for December