The City of Douglas is currently seeking three volunteers to fill vacancies on the Downtown Development Authority.
Anyone desiring to serve on D.D.A. must meet the following stipulations: the volunteer must be a taxpayer residing in the municipal corporation for which the authority is created; must be the owner or operator of a business located within the downtown development area and is a taxpayer residing in the county in which is located the municipal corporation for which the authority is created; or the volunteer must have a combination of the qualifications specified in paragraphs one and two of this subsection.
Volunteer applications must be submitted prior to December 10, 2018, 5pm. For more information, please call the City Clerk’s office at 912-389-3405
- City commission decides to re-interview all five police chief candidates
- Willacoochee man killed in hit and run, suspect arrested
- Victim from In and Out shooting fighting for life, was out on bond for July 4 double shooting
- A piece of aviation history took to the skies over Douglas this week
- Douglas man loses life in tractor-trailer accident