The City of Douglas is currently seeking three volunteers to fill vacancies on the Downtown Development Authority.
Anyone desiring to serve on D.D.A. must meet the following stipulations: the volunteer must be a taxpayer residing in the municipal corporation for which the authority is created; must be the owner or operator of a business located within the downtown development area and is a taxpayer residing in the county in which is located the municipal corporation for which the authority is created; or the volunteer must have a combination of the qualifications specified in paragraphs one and two of this subsection.
Volunteer applications must be submitted prior to December 10, 2018, 5pm. For more information, please call the City Clerk’s office at 912-389-3405
- Officers make arrest in Dec. 2 shooting
- One person shot on Roper Street, no arrests
- Shoppes at Tip Top celebrates grand opening with ribbon cutting
- Jury convicts Derrious Carter on drug possession charges, sentenced to 11 years in prison
- Video: DPD, gang unit officers arrest Samuel Edward Jones for murder of Terrance Gibson