On Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2019, Blondale Thomas, Douglas Public Information Manager and Magnolia Midlands Travel Association President Elect, and Jennifer Chilton Visitor Center and Tourism Manager, attended the Tourism, Hospitality, and Arts Day at the Capitol in Atlanta.
Each year, tourism professionals from around Georgia travel to the Capitol for a day to discuss legislation that affects tourism. While at the Capitol, members of the Magnolia Midlands Travel Association met with Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan to discuss the importance of tourism and tourism dollars in local communities.
- Local leaders attend annual Okefenokee Occasion in Atlanta
- Airport commission needs four members
- Hurricane Michael downs power line that causes wastewater spill into Indian Creek
- City discusses pimping ordinance, also plans to enforce curfew for minors
- City officials reflect on life, legacy of Johnnie Lee Roper