Ant control for homeowners
County Extension Agent
It’s finally arrived! SPRING! It’s time to inspect your lawn for spring yard maintenance. This spring I’m sure you as well as others will be spending time in your yard enjoying spring activities. In the midst of outdoor spring activities you notice several ant hills (pictured above). Ants are common pest in and around homes. They form channels inside mounds for transportation and bedding.
Ants feed on different types of food such as fats, starches, and sweets. Knowing the proper chemical to use for ant control is important. Any liquid or granular insecticide labeled for lawn and garden can be used for ant control. As the county extension agent, I recommend EcoLogic Lawn and Yard Insect Killer to control ants in your lawn. This is a granular insecticide that can be used as a target or broadcast insecticide. Successful insecticide use is depended upon proper equipment and application procedures.
The University of Georgia Coffee County Extension service is committed to given unbiased research data to help make recommendations to the community of Coffee County. It is important to follow the directions on the product label. If you have any questions please contact Coffee County Extension at 912-389-1402.
- Community mental health fair scheduled for May 18
- Students on Coffee Campus participated in Wiregrass scholarship signing day
- Lil' Mike's holds grand re-opening, ribbon cutting
- Wilkes family celebrates grand opening of State Farm agency
- City needs volunteers for ethics committee, library board, planning commission