South Georgia State College students Allison Johnson of Pearson and Katelyn Page of Douglas were named to the All-Georgia Academic Team, a program recognizing the scholarly achievements of students enrolled in two-year programs at Georgia’s colleges and universities. A recognition luncheon was held on March 27, 2019, in their honor in Atlanta at the Sloppy Floyd Building Empire Room.
Colleges and universities may nominate students from their campuses to the All-USA Academic Team. Students from Georgia nominated to the national team make up the All-Georgia Academic Team. Nominations are based on outstanding academic performance and service to the college and community. The Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation is a valued partner of the All-Georgia Academic Team.
The keynote speaker for the luncheon was Ms. Felicia Wasson, Director of Community and Stakeholder Relations from the Coca-Cola Company. Ms. Wasson spoke with attendees on the importance of forging their own path and not relying on the successes of others. She encouraged them to live in the present and pursue their goals with passion. Also attending from the Coca-Cola Company was Mr. Carl Hill, Director of Multi-Cultural Community Relations. Mr. Hill presented the certificates and medallions to the students being honored.
- South Georgia State College to host virtual town hall June 1
- SGSC assists students with their dreams of a college education
- SGSC students named to Phi Theta Kappa's All-Georgia Academic Team
- South Georgia State College announces virtual commencement ceremony for graduates
- SGSC anticipates welcoming students back to campus this fall