Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
Pizza with the Police to take place June 20 at city pool
Community outreach continues with the Douglas Police Department this month. On Thursday, June 20, 2019 from 5 pm-6:30 pm at Davis Wade Park, the Police Department would like to invite youth and their parents to join them for Pizza with the Police during open swim at the Roger Johnson Swimming Pool.
“I hate it when a child is afraid of the police,” says Douglas Police Chief Shane Edmisten. “We hope, by hosting this pizza party, that we will show kids we are real people, too. We are not the bad guys. We are here when they need us and I am dedicated to changing the perception that police are going to ‘lock them up’.”
Community policing has long been considered a framework for establishing trust between the community and the police. Recently, the police department began hosting neighborhood “Coffee with A Cop” discussions. The Douglas Police Department has been invited to several speaking engagements and are participating in other positive activities in an effort to continue to improve interactions with Douglas’ law enforcement agency.
Free pizza and water will be provided at Davis Wade Shelter while they last. There is no charge for the pizza and water, however, there is a charge of $3 for entrance to the pool during open swim. Open swim time for Thursday, June 20, 2019 will be 3:15 pm-6:00 pm. For more information, please call the Douglas Police Department at (912) 384-2222.
- Officers arrest two on Valentine's Day, female attempts to hide suspected meth inside her
- Videos on social media lead to arrest on animal cruelty charges (with graphic video)
- Douglas woman charged with animal cruelty after critically ill horse found on property
- Officers arrest, charge nine with DUI and other related offenses last week
- State Court Judge Katy Paulk announces 2024 election campaign